Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Craving



Don't know why... as I was looking into my files seeking material for the new post, I found Macaroni and Cheese and just instantly had craving for it. Tried to remember what exactly I had in my fridge, and need to swing by supermarket to get the rest of the ingredients, especially those fresh ones like onion, parsley, and milk.

After a long working day, just hope I could fix my dinner quickly, sit down comfortably on my couch, eat my macaroni hot and watch "No Reservation" - for the third time. Yes, third time ..... just totally love love love it.

MACARONI AND CHEESE
Serves 2 persons

Ingredients:
- Macaroni > 100 grams
- Water > 500 grams
- Salt > 1/2 teaspoon
- Butter > 9 grams
- Garlic - mince > 2 cloves
- Onion - mince > 50 grams
- Ham – thinly dice to 1x1 cm > 50 grams
- All purpose flour > 1/2 tablespoon
- Milk > 115 gram
- Oregano > 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground black pepper > 1/4 teaspoon
- Cheddar cheese – grate > 75 grams
- Parsley – chop to sprinkle > 1/2 tablespoon

Method:
- Boil water and salt in pot. Add macaroni and cook for 10-12 minutes. Drain and apply some cooking oil so macaroni will not stick together.
- Saute garlic and onion with butter till fragrant. Add ham.
- Fold in all purpose flour and stir swiftly. Immediately pour in milk gradually while stirring until smooth and thicker. Sprinkle oregano and pepper.
- Lower heat, put macaroni and grated cheese. Mix well.
- Serve on plate and sprinkle with chopped parsley.

1 comment: